410e loud bang digging with backhoe When I pull back with a full bucket digging with backhoe there is sometimes a loud bang that sounds like it's coming from the center underneath the tractor like a u-joint banging but it never makes a noise when driving or using the loader. Mounts are good, the swing pins and bushings are good, one top bushing on a swing pin was slightly high but the noise is from wayyy further under the center of the machine, not near the mounts or swing assembly. It doesn't do it all the time, only on hard chirt rock digging and only when pulling the dipstick boom back through rock. Never while loading. Sounds like only when extreme hydraulic pressure is being used to pull through hard rock and it bangs only when it finally releases and pulls through whatever it's stuck on. Any help would be apreciated...
Please add this to your other post, multiple posts with similar titles confuse us easily confused folks. The only thing I'd add is check the axle mounting for looseness, or anything else under there for signs of movement- clean metal at a joint that should be painted over- leaking oil or rust stains running down the paint.
Yes sir sorry about that will do.... Yall were right I think I lost a bushing or a spacer on the top boom swing pin the whole boom swing moves up and down about 1/2 inch
If you want, post a picture and you'll get some advice. You might not like the advice...
My helpers kept saying the noise was under the machine but could never trace it down so I operated the hoe through the back window and found I had a missing thrust washer on the bottom lower pivot pin that allowed the whole swing frame to move up and down slightly and make the banging noise... Nowhere near where they said lol Thanks for all the help!