Just got my first backhoe cheap and its a project. I'm going to fix it up and make a decent piece of equipment out of it. Where are some good places to find parts for this? It really needs a turbo and not having much luck fining anything except for one site that wants almost $1500 for one Thanks in advance for the help. I'm sure there will be a couple more questions to follow
http://e-backhoeparts.com/ The guys name is Dale all around great to deal with give him a try.... Congrads on the new 580d got any pics you can post of it....
Or this: http://www.amazon.com/Garrett-TA3103-Komatsu-PC150-3-465636-5207S/dp/B015JKSJSA Or this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/TA3103-4656...ash=item3f55b2af23:g:CdIAAOSwo0JWJKul&vxp=mtr According to the cross references. YMMV, especially ordering out of China.
Only picture I have right now. It runs pretty good considering the turbo is absolutely gone. Needs brakes and has a heck of a hydraulic leak on extendahoe but I think it'll be nice. I'll give him a call on Monday and see what he has @lantraxco what part number were you using to cross reference?
If you're not planning to climb any hills in roadgear, then you can remove the turbo and run it like it is and hardly notice the missing power. Just saying this because you mentioned the price of the turbo. If the turbo is completely trashed, you could gut it instead of removing it, to make the plumbing repairs easier.
A154200 is new, A157005 as reman. Goes to 465636-0002 which is a Garrett TA3103
Ok thanks. I've got a couple places to call on Monday but will probably go with one of those. Dale was really nice to talk to but didn't have anything used. I'm definitely going to replace it. Thanks for all the help
AKLA.... That rig looks to be in pretty good shape....I bought my ck a while back and it looked way worse than your rig and i have used the crap out of it .....these old cases are hard to beat a little time and money and you will have her working before you know it.....My old ck has the extendahoe and it comes in real handy......Nice rig.........
Thanks for the replies and help. I got the turbo ordered yesterday and today i took the 2 boom cylinders apart to repack them tomorrow. Should be a fun project with a good amount to learn. I'm used to working on little stuff all day so the big boy stuff is a nice change.
So I rolled the dice on that eBay turbo from China. It's a real Garrett turbo and got it in less than a week. Case wanted $1497 for theirs rebuilt was around $800 got this one for $350 shipped Extendahoe coming apart in the am. Any tips? I have a winch in my truck and a forklift so should be able to move it around easy.
A word to the wise: Just because it says Garrett on it doesn't mean it actually is. I buy a fair bit of stuff from China and they have no qualms whatsoever about counterfeiting labels and trademarks. It could be though, you just never know. On a positive note, I've resold probably thirty Chinese sourced turbos in the last few years, only had to warranty one or two, no damage to the engines, just leaking oil.
I understand. I deal with a lot of Chinese parts and usually you can feel it and tell. Either way it seems of good quality. Got the extendahoe pulled. It had blown the whole cylinder cap