Hi guys - 410J throwing code FLC737.12 citing Y4 or Y5 transmission solenoids. When I go to the Transmission Solenoid Diagnostics, I wanted to verify but I get NONE (all OFF) when I cycle the TCL through FNR & 1-4. I haven't tested the individual solenoids, will try that next couple of days. But thought it was odd that NONE say "ON" (at least in the Diagnostic screen). Would just 1-2 solenoids "out" cause all the others to not register either? Anyone seen this behavior before? Thanks in advance. Posting the encoding (that I found on another helpful thread on here) for future reference.
Welcome to HEF Havinnoj ! When making inquiries, please always include the machine's complete serial number. That way, more accurate information can be (hopefully ) supplied to you. Does the machine move at all? Did you perform the Transmission Solenoid Circuit Test (labeled Auto Test Solenoids) in the monitor? Has the FNR been thoroughly checked out?
Thank you sir, the serial is: T0410JX143669 The machine doesn't move at all. I pulled the FNR/Steering Wheel column cover and to visually check the FNR connection and seemed fine - when you mention 'thoroughly' check the FNR, can you elaborate more? I don't believe this serial has an Auto Test Solenoids - but under Diagnostic Solenoids it will list the individual ones Y1, Y2, Y3,...etc. and show ON/OFF. However, mine all show "OFF" no matter where the FNR position or the gear position. (The Sensor Diagnostic does show the correct FNR & gear selection though). Thanks in advance for the thoughts.
Check at the rear of your transmission, look for solenoid guard to be in place if no guard check wiring and connectors solenoids Y4 and Y5 are in that area. Limbs have been known to get past guard. I believe early units had no boss for guard mounting. Boss for mounting guard was added later but i do not know serial number break.
Thanks Steve for the thoughts. I was working in an area with sticks that's for sure. Best viewing angle for that is to get under the fuel tank and look up? To this point, I should mention the day prior I noticed a couple beeps + message "Return FNR to Neutral" but it immediately went off (talking 1 second-ish, maybe 2 beeps then off). Happened a handful of times, but no codes at that time and no other issues. Perhaps related issues, perhaps that's something else all together. Thoughts on that one?
Is there a choice for Diagnostic Trans? If there is an Auto Test Solenoids, it would be there under that heading. Like Steve said, check the wiring. While you are under there you can check the solenoid resistance if there appears to be nothing wrong with the wiring. The resistance specification for those solenoids is 10.5 ohms. Could be a park brake pressure switch issue or its wiring. Like the trans solenoids, a stick could have been creating havoc up there. That pressure switch is mounted on top of the park brake on the front of the rear axle. As for the FNR, if in diagnostics it is showing all the proper gears when shifted into them, then the FNR should be OK.
Here's the update - one of the connections to one of the solenoids came off, quick fix thankfully. Thanks everyone for the good thoughts helping diagnose the issue!