hello. I have seen that this forum is very good and I wanted to ask some questions I have about a 2017 John Deere 410l backhoe with DEF system. Does the DEF system cause frequent problems in the machine? How much does the DEF system consume every 10 hours of work? What happens if you let the machine run out of fluid for the DEF system, it turns off and doesn't work? Does the machine lock up or does it affect anything? Do you recommend a John Deere 410L or are they very problematic?
Depending on the serial number, yes, there have been multiple DEF header issues and multiple upgrades to improve the issues. Don't know. It should be roughly one tank of DEF per one tank of fuel. Machine will go into a derate. So don't let it run out of DEF. Again, depends on the serial number. Overall, the machine has been reliable. Just some DEF header issues and if it has the EGR circuit, then we see a fair share of issues with that system. If you are looking at a machine with a serial of F390996 or higher, then you will have a very reliable unit with all the latest upgrades and no EGR.
I have a 410L backhoe with Def reversing valve circuit fault code any ideas anyone
Welcome to HEF Almostaranch ! Please start your own thread. Start with the machine's full serial number. Then post the specific codes you are experiencing in the SPN/FMI format (XXXXXX.XX).