Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

416 C no down pressure on boom

Ahastings52 ยท 2022-12-13 19:56

SN-4ZN00701 I have no down pressure on the boom when you throttle it up it will build some pressure enough to barely pick the back end up. I'm not great with hydraulics so any help would be appreciated. I have swapped the relief valves around with one from a function that was working properly. The owner said that it started with the swing function but the dealer swapped something around and now the boom down is causing the issue and the swing is working properly I can't find the cause and I need help thanks in advance

Replies4
  1. #1AllDodge2022-12-13 20:04

    With swapping the relief valves, I'm wondering if the dealer swapped the hand valves. Might be the hand valve is leaking bad

  2. #2Ahastings522022-12-13 20:19

    Ok as I said I'm not very good with hydraulics what's a hand valve and where is it lol

  3. #3AllDodge2022-12-13 20:22

    The lever you move up/down actually moves 2 valves below it, one up and one down. It could be the seals in the valves connected to the rod is what's leaking

  4. #4Ahastings522022-12-13 21:16

    Ok is there a way to test those? Or check them?