Hey everyone ,Hope y'all are having good holidays I need to know what type of oil I need for a 1997 New Holland 555E
Engine oil will depend on the climate where you live. I use whatever is on sale in 15w40 in N. Florida. Hydraulic is NH 134D or equivalent. I use Travelers Premium from Tractor Supply. Rear axle takes the same. power Shuttle trans also uses 134D or equivalent. I can't remember what the other trans is called or it's oil type.
I'm in Savannah so 15w40 should work.
New Holland has changed away from the 134D, so you cannot purchase that from NH. (at least not at my dealer) I cannot recall the new number, but they say it is backwards compatible with the 134D. (my local tractor dealer tells me that NH changed oil suppliers so they changed the name.. copyright issues??) It is also like $100 for a 5 gallon pail. That said, I use the Travelers premium in the hydraulic system. I picked up 4 five gallon pails last week on sale for $49 each. As for the transmission, there are 2 options...power shuttle, and powershift. NH575E has given you the spec for the power shuttle. If you have a power shift it takes Mercon/Dexron II.
crazy that $49 is the “sale” price. I bought 10 pails Nov 2021 at the sale price of 27.99 and a week later it was 42. Last I looked it was almost 60. Unreal how bad that oil is up now.
Yea, I purchased 2 five gallon pails of the 134D at the dealer at the end of 2020 for $176. Now over $200, so it is all relative I guess .
Ouch. I’ve been using chevron THF1000 in my critical parts for the past few years. Seems to be a good oil and not nearly as expensive as the new holland stuff.