Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

416 cat backhoe front bucket wont raise with a load

Lewis12 ยท 2017-08-12 16:24

i have changed the resolver seals beleive only were 3 plugs. is there anymore plugs that can be changed for this problem? read about the seal on the bottom cover of the resolver sections being bad. Everything works fine other than the bucket wont raise with a load it raises empty and the tilt works. i tried tilting andcraising at the same time but dosent help any with a load. I had this problem but replacing the resolver seals fixed it but not this time.

Replies2
  1. #1Mark2502017-08-12 16:46

    Have you checked your relief valve settings a serial number would help. a couple of different systems fitted to these machines Mark

  2. #2Dickjr.2017-08-19 12:35

    Lewis , when raising the front bucket reach back and grab the boom up lever and pull it to see if that will cause the pump to upstroke. My 416C s/n 5yn6433 has had this ongoing problem for a while now. I put all the resolver o rings in front and back. I am believing now its a relief issue or even possibly bypassing in the loader valve group. I need to rig me up a pressure gauge as well. I know my pump is good and strong. When my machine is fresh started in the mornings it works normal. I hope to one day learn this system and figure out how it works. Mark250 I have read and ingested all your info , very helpful.