416C 4ZN06920 I was wondering if anyone can help me with the test procedure for the shuttle shifter assembly. The machine will crank up fine but it will not go into forward or reverse. With the key on I have a continuous hot wire on the forward side of the shift solenoid. The reverse side cycles on and off when I move the shuttle shifter handle into the reverse position. Not sure if I have a shifter problem or a wiring issue. Thanks
Attached the SysOp and the T&A. That should get you where you need to be.
Thank you Nige. Do you have a wiring schematic for this machine ?
I do. Check your message inbox.
Is there a testing procedure for the shuttle shift handle assembly itself? Or maybe a way to bypass it for testing? I am getting continuous 12v power to the forward shift solenoid with key on. When I unplug the shuttle shifter assembly it will de-energize the solenoid circuit. I've also tried disconnecting the transmission neutralizer switch. Either way I can not get the machine to move. I haven't been able to tested the pressures yet, I'm waiting on some gauges.
Key ON, transmission control in neutral, and the machine harness connected to the control check the voltage between Pins 5 (FWD Sol) and 3 (FWD Sol RTN). Then check voltage between Pins 6 (REV Sol) and 4 (REV Sol RTN), both with control in neutral and control in reverse. Compare your results between the two.