Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580sk sequence valve

DiggerAfrique · 2025-04-03 06:56

I removed my sequence valve ,don’t have a cam follower on the new pin. I dont know how it was before the new pin .Is there a middle point to set it to swing both ways strongly. I put shims to pull the shaft out ,and can get to work properly to the right ,left is a no go .

Replies3
  1. #1DiggerAfrique2025-04-03 06:58

    Correction ,I removed the arm that works the valve

  2. #21978case2025-04-03 09:03

    The sequence valve is used to adjust the cushion you need to slow the momentum of the boom swinging at full speed before it slams to a stop at full left or right. It will not work without the cam/follower and all the linkages.

  3. #3DiggerAfrique2025-04-03 11:27

    I realise that ,I can slow boom myself.I can’t get it to swing on the left.Valve must be faulty ,another strip job. Transaxle first . Had new brakes fitted ,but seal gas popped on one side .I thought it was a hose ,but nope .Not looking forward to the heavy weight.