Hi all, I am a golf course mechanic taking part in our second course construction. They have taken my baby out to help load dump trucks, with operators I wonder about. The problem I am having is the shifter lever, it pauses going from fwd to rev and tends to stick in rev but if you hit the neutralizer button it will shift into selected gear instantly. This is a bit out of my comfort zone but willing to dig in and figure it out. Any help is appreciated, thanks, Dan
Could be the shift valve is sticking. Remove the floor plates and you will sea a two solenoid valve. First I would check power when in forward and reverse. Make sure each is getting 12 volts when engaged. This will eliminate the shifter. If the problem is deeper I would inspect the reverse valve to see if it is sticking.
Thanks, Will do that asap, glad the solenoids are easy to get to...I hope. Will post back with results.
Removed floorplates, found solenoids and connectors, tested and found power that switches when put in forward, but when put in reverse light stays on till neutralizer button is pushed. It has been awhile since I asked the question but project was shutdown due to subzero weather, I have 416C in shop now for needed maintenance and trying to address this issue. Thanks Dan.