Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

416D 4 in 1 bucket

Bigfootcat ยท 2015-09-19 12:56

I managed to break the hinge on my 4 in 1 loader bucket on my 2002 416D. Does anyone have a recommendation where/how to find a replacement upper half? Thank you.

Replies8
  1. #1Curbster2015-09-20 01:31

    Well, everyone knows that the unexpected occurs when operating equipment. Usually just when you feel everything is going great. But tell us what you did that we will never do because we don't want to fix things that we can avoid by listening to someone else's experience! There are sites and sources for used, salvaged equipment all over the place and I have seen buckets come up for auction at companies like Ritchie Bros., for very affordable prices. one that I found selling used buckets... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTqgfmNbGKU Good Luck on the final fix!

  2. #2Bigfootcat2015-09-20 12:24

    Thank you Curbster. I'll check out the link and auction sites. I have had the backhoe for 6 years now with no real issues to speak of. Last week I was moving some rocks, they are kind of big, and it just kind of broke. Looking at the break you can see there was a stress crack there for some time. More than half the area is blackened from rust and water. I'll try to post a photo when I get to a real Internet connection.

  3. #3lantraxco2015-09-20 13:20

    Good fab shop probably patch that right up.

  4. #4Curbster2015-09-20 21:15

    I see I have posted the wrong link about buckets and such so here is the corrected link: http://www.machinerytrader.com/listings/components/ACDetails.aspx?OHID=379137 I might get this computer stuff figured out one day, but then again maybe not!

  5. #5Bigfootcat2015-09-21 19:21

    HAHAHA. Yes, that makes more sense. Thank you for the link. I posted a wanted ad there. If I can find the hinge, I may just take it to a fab shop. Good Times

  6. #6Bigfootcat2015-09-21 19:35

    Some photos of the offending part..

  7. #7Delmer2015-09-21 20:58

    Read the "welding question" thread a down the page, and IF you understand it, weld away. Don't trust your brother in law even if he says he can weld. It's not that hard to weld it so it will last, but it's not the easiest weld either. Take a good look for the same cracks on the other side while you have it apart.

  8. #8lantraxco2015-09-21 22:50

    Check with CAT, you can probably buy a replacement piece to weld in there.