Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

420DIT Lockout Troubles

Long0 · 2021-12-06 15:32

Good afternoon, We have a 420DIT (#BLN05998) that has a an issue with the pilot lockout (at least this is what I believe the problem to be). No hydo's at the loader or the backhoe. Stabilizers and extend for the hoe work fine. First off I'll explain what I have done to this point. I assumed the coil was toast on the valve so I ordered and replaced the coil. Still nothing. I ohm'd the old coil and compared to the new. 9.4 & 9.6 respectively. I then ohm'd the wire that is connected to the switch (912CR28 I believe). With out the switch or coil connected this wire is OL. That tells me the wire is good. Here is where it gets funky, with either the new or old coil connected (switch still disconnected) the wire ohm's out at 49. Does not mater which coil is installed. I ran a jumper wire to both coils and this brand new wire still comes out at 49 when connected to either coil. Any ideas? I'm at a loss here. Thanks Andy

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2021-12-06 16:23

    Would an electrical schematic be of some assistance.?

  2. #2Long02021-12-06 18:49

    Thank you Sir. That would be greatly appreciated! Andy

  3. #3Nige2021-12-07 04:34

    I sent you a copy. Check your messages.

  4. #4Long02021-12-07 09:24

    Received - Thank you again

  5. #5Long02021-12-20 18:56

    After 20” of snow and then double digit negative temperatures, I was able to dig into this more. Not sure where the ground wire got broken but that’s the issue. Ran a jumper, couple wire nuts and I was able to get it in the shop to dry out. I’ll get real connectors and heat shrink installed later this week. Thank you Nige Andy