Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

426 CAT transmission torque specs

Rick U · 2023-06-23 11:36

I am putting back together a 6Y-2598 transmission for my 426 CAT Backhoe Series II serial #7BC-04514. I am unable to find torque specs for the transmission bolts anywhere. I appreciate any information you can provide on the torque specs for the bolts on that transmission. Thanks, Rick

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2023-06-24 05:47

    Attached is the transmission assembly procedure. Any specific torque values are quoted in it. For everything else, find a copy of a Caterpillar SENR3130 which will give you what are known as “general torque values” based on bolt diameter. Scribd.con is where I’d look first. You may have to take out a 30-day subscription to be able to download it.

  2. #2edgephoto2023-06-24 11:04

    I will save you the trouble......

  3. #3Rick U2023-06-24 13:32

    Thanks, Nige! Your help is so valuable and much appreciated!

  4. #4Rick U2023-06-24 13:32

    Thanks a lot! Rick