So my basket case 310d is coming along and I am chasing down all the leaks. I just had the reverser out and sealed it up as well as the engine rear main seal. I got it all back together and found a small leak on one of the fittings on the reverser oil line (converter feed tube?). Since I was at JD picking up a steering seal kit today, I asked the parts dude about it. He said that part was discontinued in 1996. So I asked what kind of fittings and connectors, he said no idea and he probably couldn't help me....so I come to you all. Here is the parts diagram and it is part # 7 (the number is not on the diagram, it is the tube between #6 and #8, PN AT101368) and only leaking on the rear fitting, which I already tightened up as much as I felt comfortable. It still leaks, so I pulled the assembly and the fittings won't come off the flare end, they came out of the reverser with the flare nuts?? What kind of fitting and flare nut and how do I fix it?? Thanks in advance. -Eric
The tube pictured below? Post a picture of the fittings. I think the reverser housing is just pipe threads.
Yep, that tube. The rear fitting is leaking and the fittings will not come off the nuts. Its almost like a flare fitting that is stuck on the nut? The reverser ports are 3/8" female pipe.
Did you loosen the nut and cannot separate therm? If so, smack it with a hammer. If the nut did not loosen, and the fitting came out of the case, then heat it up to break any corrosion. There is no rubber seal or O-ring inside that fitting. IIRC, it is like a ferrel fitting. Unfortunately, if that is the case, and the ferrel is split, your out of luck (with Deere anyway). Try these guys, maybe they can supply that tube and fittings. Joseph Industries
I did loosen the nut and they will not come apart. IIRC, got it, thanks mg, I will give it a try.