Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

444e international low oil pressure sensor check engine light on

mattyt1984 ยท 2020-08-13 22:17

What is the location on this I scanned it and it show oil pressure sensor out of range seems to have a slight miss as well. Is it next the the ICP sensor?

Replies1
  1. #1Steve Frazier2020-08-13 23:25

    I'm pretty sure the 444 is the same engine as the 7.3 PowerStroke with a slightly different fueling system. I don't know how different the fueling system is but on the Ford the injectors are fired by oil pressure through a High Pressure Oil Pump (HPOP). That high pressure oil pump is the last thing at the end of the engine oil passage loop so if your oil level is down slightly it will cause a misfire like you describe. The HPOP was known to fail too causing the same problem. If I remember correctly there's also a microscreen in that pump that could clog and starve the HPOP. I can't say that IH used the same components but it's worth checking.