Hi All I'm new here and I have a question about my Cat 446D backhoe, Basically a couple of days ago our operator shut the backhoe off, When he went to start it it would turnover but not start, After letting it cool off for awhile it would start and run fine until the next time he would shut it off, I changed the Primary fuel filter and Fuel water separator but the problem persist, We could pump the pedal and it would start, Well today he shut it off and it would not start at all, I sprayed EPC down the air filter and it started once but that was it, Now spraying SPC it will only run until I stop spraying.
Almost Same issue.... i posted last week. Got a new solenoid on order. ...nobody replied to my issue yet. .....crappy replacement part ?
Sounds electrical. Bobbyblades, you're on the right track with your problem on your other post, I'm not a Case/Cummins guy though so I can't say for sure. Bambam, the first thing to check is that you're getting power to the injection pump when you're cranking the engine, and when it's "on". That's assuming you have one hot wire going to the injection pump, and possibly a ground wire also. Don't know, just guessing.
Delmer, Bobbyblades, is definitely on the right track, I replaced my fuel cutoff solenoid with a new one from my local Caterpillar dealer for around $330,00 and the Backhoe is running great, Thanks for the replies