Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

450 B Case track problem

Dozerbill63 ยท 2013-08-24 21:55

I bought a 450 B Case dozer , the man said it had been setting about 5years , I think maybe 10 years . The tracks are like new only froze up from setting . I have sprayed diesel fuel on all pins and bushings twice , sprayed brake fluid , ran tractor back and fourth , maybe loosing a little bit . Does anyone know a faster way to free up tracks .

Replies4
  1. #1Lapatra1722013-08-27 16:18

    Hi bill, thanks for the input on my thread I have sense got it figured out. Sounds like you're going about it the right way. Have you tried using penetrating oil? It may cost a little more but might work a little quicker. I like pb blaster but have been using sea foam lately and I think that stuff works miracles. You may be able to find it in gallon jugs and just pour it on. Good luck

  2. #2monster762013-08-27 17:01

    your best bet is going to be to use a good penetrating oil buy a case of it spray let it sit for a while spray it again and start running the machine

  3. #3Dozerbill632013-08-27 17:25

    Thanks , I am using Motor oil 30 w I have in stock . It is helping , PB Blaster next .

  4. #4Dozerbill632013-08-27 17:27

    Thanks , I am going to buy a gallon of PB Blaster , 30 w oil is helping .