I bought this machine and notice it may have a track on backward? I think.. maybe the pads are just backward? I have so pictures of it.
when back to label but could not figure out how~ front right side right side left idler
Looks like the RH track is on backwards.
yes that is the one that like to come off on hard turns would that be related? How can i tell if the track is on backward vs just all the grouser pads? would there be a reason that someone would do that intentionally?
Must have been miserable to steer it. Backwards intentionally, no.
I does not really pull left or right when i am going up my road to woods
From what I can see in your pics the RH chain/pads are on backwards, so by splitting the track & installing it the opp way should have things right. Pads are mounted on the chains correctly.
Pads generally only go on one way because the holes are offset.
If you have some way to handle it the track might come off with out splitting it just let all the grease out of the adjusters and see. I know the old one I have will come right off. LOL
I had the right track fall off a few years back when the owner lent machine to me. I removed the grease fitting and but a 6x6 between idler and blade then pushed the idler back in , with some chains , binders ,brute strength and large bar popped it back on. was thinking of propping machine off ground, then doing the same to pop off track, using backhoe to spin and reseat. sound easy but may be trouble.! lol How can you tell the chain is on backwards? i put both upper roller pic next to each other and chain look in same position. next question , is this common for the bolts to loosen up on bottom rollers? Dont know why picture is flipped
Born2Ride: think about it for a minute. In the photo of the L and R upper rollers next to each other--which way is towards the front of the machine? The front is to the left in the L photo and to the right in the R photo..... the male side of the chain links is facing to the front on the R and to the back on the L.
Lmao ! Thanks