Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

450G John Deere dozer

buddie ยท 2014-08-23 20:03

I have a John Deere 450G dozer. Can anyone advise as to where to fuel filter is on this machine? It is not on the engine anywhere that I can find. I located the fuel pump and oil filter on the engine. Also the injection pump on the opposite side of the engine. Could it be another place? The engine is TO404. Engine serial # is TO4045t574506. The 5's on this serial # could be an S and misread. Many thanks Ron

Replies9
  1. #1Deeretracks2014-08-23 21:36

    Engine is a 4045T and there should be a rectangular glass filter on the RH side of the engine.

  2. #2lantraxco2014-08-24 00:13

    Actually later models look like this, or is this style for a different engine altogether?

  3. #3Deeretracks2014-08-24 00:52

    Those are on a far later engine SN than he has.

  4. #4buddie2014-08-24 10:30

    My engine does not look like this. It is a 1997 dozer, John Deere. Pin # TO450GH832762. I cannot find a glass rectangular filter on engine either. Could a filter be in the back near the fuel tank?

  5. #5buddie2014-08-24 10:32

    Deeretracks, there is no glass filter on the engine anywhere. Any other suggestions? Could it be in the back near the fuel tank?

  6. #6overworked2014-08-24 12:08

    Open left side panel under window, should be looking at you.

  7. #7Deeretracks2014-08-25 12:27

    Weird, all I can think of is that someone modified the fuel system at some point. Engine SN 742459 and below use the glass filter 742460 and up use the keyway style that lantrax posted. Both styles are mounted on the RH side of the engine. There shouldn't be anything other than the screen in the tank elsewhere on the machine. Follow the hard line that comes out of the transfer pump and see where it goes. The filter should be inline between the transfer pump and the injection pump.

  8. #8buddie2014-08-26 12:28

    filter Thanks very much for the picture. I was looking for a glass filter. Mine is a metal one. The new filter that I bought is glass and it is exactly as your picture. Thanks again, Ron

  9. #9Deeretracks2014-08-26 12:32

    No problem.