Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need advice beofre I buy this 350B

Fordman ยท 2014-08-23 18:37

Ive been looking for a small dozer that I could haul behind my pickup and use on the farm for awhile. Stumbled upon this 350B links below with ad and video walkaround(watch in the video of the blowby when I pull the dipstick). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qny1kgKgrO8 http://terrehaute.craigslist.org/hvo/4566116885.html To me the undercarriage looks great no slop at all, and the sprocket looked great. The only thing that worried me was the engine blowby, I have the same 188 in my 580B and it doesn't have that much but is still strong. The dozer did seem to have good power, but when you went to start it, you had to crank longer than usual(I did see that there is a leaking injector that I can fix). The Axle tubes going to the sprockets seem to have a gear oil leak where it meets the rearend. hour meter said 5,900 hours. Some of the pins in the blade did have some play, along with where the blade connects to the frame. I have little knowledge on what I could be getting into, and I would like to know if there is anything regarding the transmission I should look at. To me this seems like a good machine. Thanks!

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies1
  1. #1Iron@Dirt2014-08-23 19:08

    In the process of selling my jd350b. Has been a good little worker, but limited to small stuff. Don't know about the case 350 though. Good luck.