Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

455G Brake Adjust

telwood ยท 2019-05-14 21:48

I've got a 1994 455G track loader and wondered how often the brakes need adjustment? I expect it depends on use but don't have a clue if it is a weekly, monthly or yearly service. I'm using it maybe 8 hours a week and they seem to work ok but noticed I have to push them pretty hard. The machine has about 6200 hours on it and was down over a year due to transmission work I completed last fall. I've got the manual that shows how the brakes are adjusted but no explanation about timing to do it. Thanks, Tom

Replies2
  1. #1mg23612019-05-15 05:03

    It all depends on how fast the brakes are wearing and that changes with how the machine is used.

  2. #2telwood2019-05-17 19:35

    Thanks for the reply. I haven't used it enough but figure the more I use it I should start seeing a difference in the turning.