Hello all- on this 480E, did a brake adjustment as the tractor was not stopping real well. It is 4WD also. Tightened them up until they were dragging and backed them off .Acts like the brakes are locking. Backed them off some more, twice, and still happening. I know they aren’t self adjusting. Can anyone share if there’s a special procedure or something I’m missing? Always so appreciate the help on here.
I am assuming you are talking about a 480E Case backhoe. There are two different type brake disc on these machines. There are the dry type and the wet type. You could have a problem internal in the brake housing with either the disc or the actuators.
It’s a skip loader.... think they look like clutch discs for lack of a better term. Sounds like metal on metal on one side only when we checked it again today...
Oh ok; sounds like they may be wore out.
if They are worn out, or at least the one side, would that be because they were not adjusted evenly?
That could be a good possibility