Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

hoe man

Lynn Mccoin ยท 2020-06-15 23:38

Have a 580 k that keeps using service brake oil but have no external leaks. could the actuator be leaking by the piston into the brake its self. Is it a wet brake or dry.

Replies7
  1. #1mitch5042020-06-15 23:47

    Wet. Does your four-speed shifter come up through the floor, or is it on the right fender? Whatever you do, don't use brake fluid, use hydraulic oil.

  2. #2Lynn Mccoin2020-06-16 00:00

    am using hyd oil shifter comes up through the floor

  3. #3mitch5042020-06-16 11:18

    Ok, a 580k phase 1, then. If you are losing oil from master cylinders, and have no external leaks, it is going into your rear end. Here is a parts breakdown, it will give you somewhere to start. You would probably do well to start a new thread called "580k brakes" or something, and more people would help. https://partstore.casece.com/us/parts-search.html#epc::mr54945ag42674

  4. #4Tinkerer2020-06-16 11:34

    Welcome to HEF, Lynn ! I can email you the brake service pages from the service manual. Send me your email address in a private conversation. Don't post it here. You could get buried in spam as a result !

  5. #5mitch5042020-06-16 12:01

    I was hoping you'd see this, Tink. I have it in electronic form for a phase 3, but not a phase 1.

  6. #6Lynn Mccoin2020-06-16 23:47

    I have a service manual that covers all of it. where is a good place to get the seals to rebuild the cylinders. I found a single kit on Amazon for $75.00 which is completely out of reason for 3 o rings and 2 back up seals.

  7. #7Tinkerer2020-06-17 09:43

    Call Dale Wiess. He sells Bulldog branded kits and he will be cheaper than anyone. http://e-backhoeparts.com/