Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Problematic ignition buzzer

JohnN ยท 2015-06-10 03:54

G'day all, I have purchased an old Yanmar B17 mini excavator and it looks and runs very well. I replaced all the control valve seals as a couple were leaking which has that problem licked. My latest challenge is that the high pitched buzzer that comes on when turning to glow before starting, is staying on after starting. If I increase the revs it stops, then starts again, but faintly. Am I doing any damage running with this problem? I'm wondering if it's an alternator problem or just a faulty buzzer than won't cut out. Any help would be welcomed. I don't have a manual for it and am having trouble tracking one down. Cheers JohnN

Replies2
  1. #1lantraxco2015-06-10 13:07

    My first guess would be that's a low engine oil pressure warning?

  2. #2JohnN2015-06-11 02:58

    Thanks for the reply lantraxco but very sure it isn't the problem. Oil is up to correct level and pump is working ok. Oil light goes out when I start up. I'm wondering if there is a relay somewhere that's starting to break down, and can't shut the buzzer of properly. Still guessing though.