What do you use your 50's sized excavators for, what buckets can they handle and jobs.
I own a Cat 305 CCR. I just bought a new one 3 weeks ago, I had a 2005 model but I really like my new one.As far as buckets, I have a 16" ,24" and I just bought a 62"ditching bucket.I do alot of utility trenching with it,but it has lots of depth for anything else.
I have case buckets on it , much deeper than the normal mini buckets i think. I hope it can handle the extra weight
My 62" bucket is a good lift for the machine if I heep it up and lift over the tracks the wrong way but if you lift the right way it should be alright
i have 2 bobcat 435's they dig like no others, but a 305 can lift more. for instance, put the walk behind in the truck. i run all bobcat, but the cat can lift more.
I have a 12,24, 30 and 50 inch cleanout bucket, with a thumb and quick coupler. These machines are really amazing. My Takeuchi has breakout numbers very similiar to a 580 backhoe. Its digging ability is excellent. I went from a 35 sized machine to the 53 sized machine in 03. My business really took off after stepping up to the TB53FR and then the 153. Here is mine, from a job last Winter
KSSS what quick coupler and buckets you running again?
I have a 12,24,30,36 buckets all for digging, and thinking about putting a removable bar on the 36 to make it a gummy. i hope my machine has enough power to handle the bigger digging buckets.
Theres only one way to find out!! See what the machine can do with a general excavating bucket or the bucket the machine came with then put the larger buckets on and see how the machine feels/acts when running these. I wouldn't of thought that your machine will lack the power to run the larger buckets (providing there not massively bigger than the standard bucket) but due to the decreased counterweight the stability may be interesting especially accross the tracks!!
I pick it up tommorow, since its used i don't know what bucket came stock with it. Id think about 24 for the size
The coupler, thumb and buckets are Werk Brau.
Ah that's right.