I need to replace the transmission on my machine. Would a tranny out of a 503 or a 503L fit into my machine?
The L has a reverser built in so you will need a shift plate,and the ring gear ratio is slightly different ,the G is pretty much the same but it too has a different ratio. They will however bolt in and interchange. Why do you need a new transaxle?
The tranny won't shift into gear. When I finally get it in gear it grinds when I release the clutch.
Before you get hasty, pull the shifter plate off the side of the transaxle, then look inside to see if there is really any damage to the gears. Iv'e rebuilt a few of these over the years and it's a little labor to get it setup right but not really difficult. You may really have a bent fork or possibly a misaligned shifter plate.
Spoke to the mechanic who is working on the machine. He said all is good except the bearings are compromised. Water had gotten in to the tranny. He has not been able to locate any new bearings to install. Do you know who I could contact for replacement bearings? If not what would you suggest.
They are off the shelf bearings, tapered roller and ball bearing. Any power transmission supplier or a NAPA store can get you what you need. You will need the bearing numbers though, I may or may not be able to get those for you, I’ll have to chase down my part book. FWIW, Komatsu bought the Galion line so you can get it there if you want to.
Thanks.