Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

** 50E, what is this?

Blade Miner ยท 2019-01-13 18:47

What is this? I believe the top portion is an oil pressure sending unit but what is it sitting on? One of the wires has a 12v load on it. I have traced a transmission failure to the other wire. Is it a switch of some sort, that uses oil pressure to energize the power to the powershuttle transmission?

Replies7
  1. #1Blade Miner2019-01-14 10:03

    It appears that my photo didn't come through. I tried to use Photobucket but apparently, since I haven't used it in years, it got deleted.

  2. #2Blade Miner2019-01-14 10:04
  3. #3jimg9842019-01-14 15:34

    oil sensor for starting

  4. #4Vetech632019-01-14 15:43

    The single wire is probably a grounding unit for and oil pressure light on the dash. The dual pole could be for an hour meter or something else. The last MF50 I worked on didn't have an electrical shutoff solenoid, it was equipped with a shutoff cable. Im curious as to what transmission failure you are having and how it was traced to that sender? The one I worked on was a convertor with a shuttle transmission.

  5. #5Blade Miner2019-01-15 00:58

    I lost power to the transmission. Apparently it's an oil pressure switch. It cuts off power to the transmission and the horn. I'm not sure if it's OEM. What little I could find, others said the power came off the starter but that might be on one that has a power shut off key or master. Thanks for the replies.

  6. #6Blade Miner2019-01-15 01:03

    It just sucks when you have 3 ft drifts of snow in your driveway and some stupid stuff like this happens to your tractor, then you get stuck in your driveway on the way to get your daughter unstuck. On the bright side, it wasn't anything major to fix. $35 for the switch.

  7. #7Vetech632019-01-15 06:45

    You must have a transmission Im not familiar with as I know they made several varieties. Glad you got her going!