Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 410D tach question

crdjeep · 2019-01-14 19:27

I'm looking at a 2005 410d and the tach doesn't work. The owner claims he didn't know. Does the hour meter work with out the tach not working? I only turned it on for 10 min. and didn't notice the hour meter working or not. it's open cab with under 4500 hours. he wants 12k usd for it. it has extend a hoe too. not sure if it's too much or fair price. Tires are 40% in the back and front are fine. all the pins are tight. the hydrulics were kinda of jerky but it was cold out. No leaks under the machine and it has been sitting for weeks. thanks for any info.

Replies5
  1. #1Delmer2019-01-14 23:54

    I don't know if the hour meter works without the tach. If it matters to you, run it another ten minutes, it will turn over because it has a tenths of an hour digit, right? Google says a 2005 should be a 410 G so I'd get that straightened out also.

  2. #2mg23612019-01-15 05:10

    Both the late model "D" and the "G" use the "W" terminal off the alternator for the tachometer operation. Should have 7-8 V AC from the "W" terminal (I think that is at 1500 rpm??).

  3. #3crdjeep2019-01-15 06:18

    There are lots of 2005 410d’s for sale.

  4. #4Delmer2019-01-15 10:24

    I thought the D was early 90's. Tractordata says 91-97, E was 97-2001, G 2001-2007. Maybe Canada models are different? or I'm not understanding. MG knows way more about these things than I do, so I'll leave the tach operation to him. The W wire running the tach on AC is my understanding also. I'm pretty sure there's some way that either the tach or the meter can break and let the other one keep running, that's why I say if the hour meter matters to you, then confirm it is running.

  5. #5crdjeep2019-01-15 10:30

    Im sorry. It is 1995. My mistake