This was in yesterdays paper, thought I'd pass it on. Wonder if they were all Caterpillar? Moreton Island is just off the southern coast of Queensland, Australia.
Try this link , might be a bit easier to read. http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,25054209-5008700,00.html
The one in the photograph looks like an International to me. Rn'R.
I wonder with todays advancements in technology whether it would be worth trying to salvage any of those tractors, probably beaten to pieces after all this time. Last year, scrap prices probably just about made it worth a shot but not now :Banghead.
Obviously the KoO hasn't read this thread yet...
When he does, I can see him trying to build some pontoons for a couple of cats to try to float down there on. lol
i'm a little late but i'm here. i think the salt water would be a little hard on the cats. need a good fresh water lake in the great white north and salvage a cat that will run again. thansk KoO Published Author
maybe you could do the same as we do with snowmobiles that break through the salt water. we throw them in freah water to get all the salt water out for a day or two then dry them then quickly trade them.
I've just come back from a couple of days camping and fishing on Moreton Island. Nice place.
So long as you aint a freighter in trouble or a C@t :drinkup
No freighters or tractors in trouble but plenty of photos of bogged 4wd's being claimed by the ocean.
I hope you are going to share it will be covered under Heavy Equipment if you were led to believe thats what they intended to use for recovery
Sorry Rob, I should have explained. The photos are all on the notice board in the general store.
:Banghead