here we go flatheds for ever old backhoe new 5500 them days put hoe in dump truck Love them F8 BIG BAD LINCOLNS
Id kill to go back there , but i wont have kids or old kids i got now. Old guys just smell the popcorn smell of a DDDiesel on a cold day . I cant find the other White /50 ton trAILER them days we unloaded of the side Ill keeep diggin for pics Samuel Pine & sons or whats left of him BORED WITH A TV
Pines and company Hello Samuel, Well , the internet is a better place to hang out, than the local bars and coffee clatches. Besides keeps you out of the Senior Citizens Housing. LOL Nice to see old time pictures. Ford 5500 was a good backhoe in them days.
Great pics I hated when my neighbor scrapped all his old trucks and equipment. He saved an old Federal and a shovel and an A40 mack. When I was 17 dad bought an old 1975 3550 Ford hoe and I still use it daily with landscaping and my composting operation. Ive got the hoe off right now working on it till I can rebush it. I have a lift truck counter weight on the back now using it to load compost. I used it the last part of Highschool and college with our 75 Ford 600 dump. On the 5500 I notisced the loader arms are set like a 4500 with a solid section on an offset protrusion. Every 4500 Ive seen like that had loader arms busted up pretty good. Did yall ever have and problems with that.
Nice pic's thanks for the pics. I love the Old School trucks and that great Backhoe:notworthy
great photos. my father had a 52 f-8. lots of memories
Hey Pine, you posted that first pic once before, and at that time I thought that first truck was a White. Now that you've posted other pics, I see it is. The first "big truck" I drove was a '62 White 4000, that one is a little older, the nose is a little different, but the cab looks exactly the same. The fifth truck in the line looks like a White as well. It's a later model than the first truck. It looks like it may be a 4000 or maybe a 9000, or maybe a White Mustang, not sure. Thanks for the memories.
Thanks for sharing pinesd3400 , Great pics !
Please note that we still have three of those trucks (the Fords) and the 5550 Ford was traded for a 755 Ford which is in use. work is now trickling in thanks Sam
Glad to hear you have the trucks and work is coming in.
WOW! Awesome old pics, I love seeing how it was done back then. Thanks for posting, and please keep the great old pics comming!
Awesome pics, hope to see you around the area!
I'm not sure about the year or model of the 1st white in that lineup but the 5th truck looks to be a White Mustang mid 50's. I have a 57 Mustang gas burner with 8 speed Road Ranger trans. I love that ole gas soaker.
If my memory works, the first White was 1956 WC28 and the red one I think was a PLC 28 1960 I will look in the file cabinet and find more info I know the 1960 had a bigger engine Super Mustang i think a 390A. This one fifth wheel pulled a 50 ton Fountain trailer. Sam
Got it figured out! I think my deep afection for the so called fat fender Fords (53-56) go back to at that time 1953 my cousin had a complete set of a Tonka construction set which looked like Ford Trucks. My father couldnt afford them, cousins father worked for Delta Airlines so he could. No I dont run a museum, but there is nothing this fleet cant do v/s a new one. The latest addition is this 1953 F900, a 13,000 miles fire truck we built up & shortend 6 feet, added a crate 391FT with a Clark HD 5 Od two sp Eaton, added power steering donated from a C900. This will be painted this summer and we put this 10foot Fisher setup on. So this is my fifth F900.