Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

530 CK primary fuel filter question

VAMark ยท 2014-11-27 15:41

I have just replaced the injection pump and was installing a new set of filters, I got the new filters and cleaned up the housing. When I went to install the primary filter it just falls in the housing....I have to be missing some parts inside the filter housing, like a spring large flat washer ans some seals etc. Does anyone have a filter housing they could take some pictures of and post the components inside the housing in addition to the element? I can't find a good break down of the filter housing anywhere. I bought the filters from Coleman equipment, maybe it wrong filter but I think I am missing parts in the housing, there was no filter in it when I took it apart. Thanks Mark

Replies2
  1. #1willie592014-11-27 19:59

    Found this at the Case parts pages.

  2. #2melben2014-11-29 22:46

    If you are talking about the lower can there are no parts in there. The filter rests on the large washer on the bottom and when the filter can is drawn up it seals against the ridge on the interior of the filter base. The old filters when removed will have a groove where they were pressed up against the body top thus sealed top and bottom.