Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 4219 engine toque specs

Williemann2 ยท 2014-11-28 18:19

Looking for the connecting rod bolt torque specs the the JD 4219 engine.

Replies4
  1. #1apm2014-11-29 09:05

    My book shows to tighten cap screws to 150 in/lbs. then an additional 60 degrees. It stresses to never reuse the old screws. It also says to dip the screws in oil before installing. Greg

  2. #2Tinkerer2014-11-29 10:01

    Shouldn't that be FOOT/ lbs. ?

  3. #3apm2014-11-29 10:08

    Sounded low to me, but I'm looking right at the book. It says "tighten each connecting rod cap screw to 150 lb-in (17 N-m) (1.73 kg-m), tighten each cap screw an additional 60 degrees. I can scan and email the page if the original poster needs it. Greg

  4. #4Williemann22014-11-29 10:42

    Thanks guys! I looked around on the web last night and found 43ft lbs and 60 degrees. The 150in lbs sound real low, that's only 12ft lbs. so I went with the 43ft lbs. thanks again!