Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

544G Deere loader release brake to load on trailer

mattyt1984 · 2019-09-11 17:41

I bought a deer 544g loader I believe a 1991. How do the brakes get released so I can load on a trailer? On a 624 I had to use a porta power to release it. Are the 544 g's the same?

Replies3
  1. #1mg23612019-09-12 05:40

    Do you have an operator's manual? Procedure should be in there (page 40-3). On the park brake there is a cover with 3 screws on the front. Install frame locking bar, block the wheels to prevent machine movement and remove the cover. There is an allen screw under the cover with a jam nut. Loosen jam nut and back the screw out. After towing you tighten allen screw to 75 lb ft and back off 180° then tighten jam nut.

  2. #2mattyt19842019-09-12 07:05

    I don't have a manual. Can anyone post pics? Thanks

  3. #3mg23612019-09-13 05:39

    The park brake is on the front side of the transmission on the output shaft. It is a disc brake.