Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

980H – “SERVICE CODE” but none found. JOYSTICK cal cannot be accessed

TEX32 · 2019-09-11 09:40

Morning gents. I have a rather odd issue regarding on of our units. ( 2010 980H – Ser # CJMS05365 ) and I was wondering if you guys could be of some assistance to us. Here goes: Loss of TILT , LIFT & LIFT CONTROL LEVER calibrations ( Thus, loss of auto kickouts for both ) Unit HAD active codes ( 82 350 13 , 82 351 13 , 82 352 13 ) TILT recalibration performed ( via clicker box ) & code cleared LIFT recalibration performed ( via clicker box ) & code cleared CONTROL LEVER recalibration attempted. - System would not advance past step # 7 : “10_ _03” ( in order to access LEVER calibration, machine needs to be into mode “10_ _05” - When cycling “ clear switch ” , dash will NOT move out of “10_ _03” and into “10_ _05” - When dash cycled back into normal operating setting ( HOUR METER ) it still depicts an “ACTIVE SERVICE CODE” – @ Top RH corner - When accessing CODES TABLE ( “ - 03 - “ ) no codes are present and three dashes are in the screen ( “_ _ _” ) - LIFT control lever was replaced & still cannot access RECALIBRATION screen, as required As of right now, Auto TILT & bucket kick out are working. Auto boom up is NOT & machine depicts “ACTIVE CODE” when none are found. Any assistance with this, would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2019-09-11 10:27

    So let me see if I understand you...…… You performed the Tilt & Lift Linkage Position (external) Sensor calibrations successfully using the Click Box. What's failing now are the calibrations of the Tilt/Lift Lever Position sensors..? Are both the Parking Brake and the Implement System Hydraulic Lockout switches set to "ON"..? If yes, can you confirm that the required signals/grounds from those two switches are getting to the Implement ECM..? Do you have the Electrical Schematic.?

  2. #2TEX322019-09-11 11:24

    NIGE !!! Once again, you are amazing! And I could kiss you ( again ) I friggin' forgot to apply "HYD LOCKOUT" I just recalibrated the controls WITH the Lockout switch ON, and we are good to go. Thank you good sir!

  3. #3Nige2019-09-11 16:55

    You have my address. Send beer ……….

  4. #4kshansen2019-09-11 17:40

    Tex32, that beer might get warm on the long trip down to the jungle where Nige hangs out so I could send you my address and relay to him how good the beer tasted!

  5. #5TEX322019-10-11 15:18

    I"ll be driving through NY soon... And where's G..G..G..Granville...........! !