Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

544j deere loader

Caleb Wipf ยท 2020-07-23 16:27

i have a 544 j deere loader that had issues with fuel injection pump two weeks ago. changed it worked perfectly til now. now it misses, wont start somtimes, andshows codes 1076.13 which is check injector connector or harness for large resistance value. the other code is a derate code. HELP

Replies10
  1. #1BigWrench552020-07-23 16:47

    I would start with unplugging the injectors harness and remove the valve cover and check each wire with a meter. If the harness and injectors never been removed do not try to remove the nut on the injector end of the harness. JD uses some sort of loctite and you will snap the stud off the injectors. I learned that the hard way. I haven't had to do another but I would try to heat it with a pencil torch first if I had to do it again. Post your serial number and a deere pro could help you better.

  2. #2BigWrench552020-07-23 16:54

    Welcome to Hef by the way. There is some serious experience here and you can learn a lot.

  3. #3heymccall2020-07-23 16:58

    Serial number? Or at least whether it has the DE10 pump and pencil injectors, or the common rail system. 544J machines were built with either, depending on the serial number being early or late.

  4. #4heymccall2020-07-23 19:50
  5. #5Caleb Wipf2020-07-23 20:23

    serial number for loader is dw544jz603603. engine is 6068hdw56. fuel injection pump is a stanadyne de2635-6248.

  6. #6heymccall2020-07-23 21:27

    Yup...DE10 pump. The computer is unhappy with the performance of the solenoid assembly. I have had many issues with the connector terminals and the wiring, especially in the 8 inch or so run from the harness loom to the solenoid. Retension the terminals and retry. From here https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAKegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw0h086DMGr-8-CFfp7ax5Kz

  7. #7mg23612020-07-24 05:06

    Welcome to HEF Caleb ! With that code you have only a few choices. Injection pump, which you changed, so that eliminates that. Wiring, connections or ECU. Most likely wiring like heymccall said above^^^. As he stated, I have seen many issues with the wiring/connections on DE10 fuel systems, so start there.

  8. #8Caleb Wipf2020-07-24 15:30

    ok i changed the pigtail now for the injection pump. does anyone have a diagram of that harness or plugin where it enters cab. thinking of changing the whole harness next. the stupid thing now has like six codes all starting with 1076 which is all fuel pump related/. i also checked voltage with key turned on theres 12 volt on both wires no ground. so if like one code says injector short to ground maybe the harness is wore thru somewhere?

  9. #9mg23612020-07-25 06:06

    Even though you have 1076 codes make sure your low pressure fuel system is in good working order. Measure the low system pressure (measured at both low idle and fast idle) and post. 1076.13 Decay Time invalid means the ECU sees that it takes too long for the injection pump solenoid to drop from 10 amps to 8 amps. A 1076.13 decay time invalid is usually associated with high resistance. I would be looking for loose/corroded connections, broken wires, etc. Also power and grounds to the ECU can cause this code so make sure those circuits are good. Measuring solenoid voltage will not help. The controller controls the solenoid by controlling the ground and when it does operate it is not a steady voltage. It is pulse width modulated circuit. The only accurate way to check the solenoid is with a scope. There are readings in Service Advisor that can really help with troubleshooting. You might want to consider having a dealer take a looksie. Post all the codes that you have. Clear all codes then run the machine to see what comes back and post as well. You can also try bypassing the solenoid wiring. Terminal A of the fuel pump solenoid should go to terminal K2 on the ECU, and terminal B on the solenoid should go to terminal A3 on the ECU. Confirm with ohm checks first to make sure the terminals I mentioned are correct. Also acquire the correct pins to make a bypass harness rather than cutting and splicing into the original wires.

  10. #10Caleb Wipf2020-07-27 15:51

    Now I installed a pressure guage. It has five pounds pressure when idling and about seven at fifttenhundred rpm. I also cleared codes and after letting it rest all weekend, I fired it up it ran perfect. NO codes no miss no hard start. pressure never dropped. I put two hours on it without a problem.Guys told me today they lost fuel cap last year for about a week is it possible that crap in the tank sometimes clogs the suction pipe and that it settled down over the weekend? I think Ill leave guage in til it bothers again.