Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

544k high lift

Markonthefarm ยท 2019-04-10 00:22

hi guys. Got a question about shifting from forward to reverse and reverse to forward. Do you have to come to a complete stop before switching directions? I haven't run a loader before we bought this one so sorry for the stupid question. It has the clutch disconnect when you touch the brake petal and I have been using that when I change directions. Thanks again.

Replies3
  1. #1mg23612019-04-10 05:34

    While that transmission has modulation and you could shift directions without coming to a stop I would recommend stopping before direction change to keep the stresses down on the drive train.

  2. #2Markonthefarm2019-04-10 14:01

    Thanks

  3. #3John C.2019-04-10 15:42

    Just another note on the de-clutch function on the left side is that it generally is used when you stall the bucket into the material. When you step on the pedal at that point the transmission is put in neutral and all the horsepower from the engine is then available to the hydraulics. It saves on fuel as you are not pulling through the torque converter at the same time you are picking a load and it has an impact on the amount heat thrown off by the transmission.