Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

550 Deere Parts Lookup

redneckracin ยท 2025-07-09 09:46

I have been trying to address some minor issues with the 550 dozer and I was having trouble looking up my machine by serial number. If I look it up by model I don't have any issues, but it seems like there are some changes through the series of machines. Does anyone have any tips or tricks to narrowing down the parts that are supposed to be on it?

Replies7
  1. #1Diesel Dave2025-07-09 09:52

    The machine is a 550 straight. See screenshot below from the parts catalog introduction of the serial number breakdown.

  2. #2redneckracin2025-07-11 07:07

    Also, does anyone know if the outer final driver seals are available? All I seem to be able to find is the entire final drive.

  3. #3Diesel Dave2025-07-11 07:27

    That section of the parts catalog seems to jump around a bit. Part # is in screenshot below. The part # hi-lighted includes the rubber and metal rings

  4. #4redneckracin2025-07-11 12:53

    boy it sure does, i think there are actually two deere parts sites now? Thanks Dave!

  5. #5Tinkerer2025-07-11 14:14

    I looked at the US parts book. I don't see any difference https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/17651/referrer/navigation/pgId/2549178 The difference may be the dealer lookup and prices

  6. #6redneckracin2025-07-14 07:02

    So in poking around the inter-web, I can get onto two different deere parts sites. One shop.deere.com I can actually order parts on but the diagrams are not very helpful and the search under the model is awful. If I go under partscatalog.deere.com the search function is much better and the diagrams are easy to navigate.

  7. #7redneckracin2025-08-14 07:12

    So i finally bought a service manual for my machine. It was directly from mother deere, but its seems comprehensive so far. I'll keep the forum posted when i get around to using it a bit more.