Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

550K getting hot

Dingodave1962 · 2023-12-22 22:45

My 550K is getting hot. 4200 hrs. Fan is not spinning as it should. Starts, warms up, I think the thermo opens up and the gauge drops a little to about 35%. Next 15 minutes tractor warms up and will overheat if I don’t shut off. Radiator is pretty clean. I’m thinking the fan pump. Anyone know if there is a relay on a valve somewhere that could be bad? I ordered the new fan pump 1600 $. Any ideas amigos?

Replies4
  1. #1mg23612023-12-23 06:38

    Welcome to HEF Dingodave ! How about a complete machine serial number? Is it turning at all?

  2. #2Dingodave19622023-12-23 09:15

    JD pin *1T0550KXJCE231411* Fan is turning but not blowing as normal.

  3. #3Dingodave19622023-12-23 15:01

    And thank you kindly for the welcome! I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

  4. #4mg23612023-12-24 06:02

    You confirmed the temperature with a heat gun? If yes, next would be to test the fan speed. Get the machine hot, shut it off. Then unplug either the fan speed solenoid or the temperature sensor, then start machine and run to full throttle. Measure the fan speed with a photo tach. I do not recall if you can read fan speed in the monitor's service mode or not. Service Advisor is down right now. I'll check when it is back up and running.