Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

555C Loader return to dig circuit

edwards6570 ยท 2010-11-15 13:03

First post here: Can someone explain the return to dig function on a 555C loader? I just recently purchased the machine and the rod and microswitch was detached which I have fixed. I have a service manual showing a fused link going through the switch, loader bucket tilt solenoid to ground. A simple circuit but I can't grasp how it's used in actual operation. Do you have to hold back on the tilt lever joystick until the switch makes contact (bucket ~ level to the ground) which kicks out the tilt solenoid? If so, does the switch then prevent any further tilt back? This circuit seems to differ from most other backhoes and loaders which have a mechanical/hydraulic return to dig configuration. I guess I need a lesson on how you dump a bucket load then return the bucket to the dig position.

Replies5
  1. #1jimg9842010-11-15 17:24

    when the bucket control lever is in mid postion of up and down pull the lever hard to the left left would be toward steering wheel

  2. #2edwards65702010-11-15 18:38

    What happens when the switch actuates the solenoid that kicks out that valve? Once this happens, can you continue to curl the bucket up as you described?

  3. #3jimg9842010-11-15 18:46

    yes, you can do manual ...........will say this way after dumping bucket pull lever hard left if ciruit is work it will return to dig....you may to adjust the switch on the rod to get the angle of bucket you want to dig,,, or may make final angle with the lever

  4. #4edwards65702010-11-15 19:16

    Now I understand. The only 2 wires that the switch appears to have been connected to the transmission dump switch circuit (like the button switches on the loader and gearshift). If these two wires are not connected together, the machine will not move. It don't seem logical for the machine not to move until the return to dig switch has made contact. Do you think these are the wrong wires?

  5. #5jimg9842010-11-15 19:52

    switch on rod stops the roll of bucket when rod touches it.........should be another switch to stop movement located on the end of bucket control lever,,, these two work seperate of each other..........movement circuit may also work thru the brake pedal.....