Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Unknown backhoe id

Phil ยท 2010-11-16 09:31

Guys, I need help identifying this backhoe for someone. This is the only picture we have. It's a big machine and you can make out someone standing beside it. Looks like an International hoe and the loader linkage looks IH too? I though about Dynahoe also? Phil

Replies12
  1. #1DirtHauler2010-11-16 09:42

    That boom design looks like a JCB to me, i am doing more research.

  2. #2mitch5042010-11-16 09:54

    I know one fellow who has an international about that size, 7xx?. It seems like it looks like it. My wife's cousin has a big dynahoe. I will try to get pics of both for you this week as I travel around, one is 35 miles west, and the other is 40 miles NE of me. The more I think about it, I think the fender looks like the IH. I'll look.

  3. #3d4c24a2010-11-16 15:11

    ** looks to be an early massey ferguson 50 to me

  4. #4stumpjumper832010-11-16 17:12

    im going to say a massey 60, just cause i couldn't find any 50's with the linkage at the loader midpoint. ford's 7500 was in the runnings but the boom cylinder is different on a 7500's hoe

  5. #5Buckethead2010-11-16 18:49

    Does kind of look like a Massey-Ferguson, but kinda looks like this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B001KXH0A4/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=284507&s=kitchen

  6. #6jrtraderny2010-11-16 19:33

    Yes kind of looks like a Long 5N1, had one once . Heluva a machine had the hydraulics of an excavator. It had a hyd. pump the size of a 5 gallon pail on it. jr

  7. #7arnold2010-11-16 19:50

    that looks like the one i just got, 1978 MF70 .I just replaced gear ring and now having transmission problems,i seed pic of mine arnold

  8. #8arnold2010-11-16 20:21

    i can send more

  9. #9DirtHauler2010-11-16 21:28

    I thought that was the same machine until i looked at who posted it. This site is great, i spend about 45mins on google images looking at pages of "backhoes" and could not find a match. found this pic that shows a similar one but this one looks smaller than the one in your photo

  10. #10mitch5042010-11-16 22:19

    Yep, I think arnold nailed it; MF70. same fender and steps, same loader linkage, compare the height of the man in one pic, and the 3/4 ton ford in the other.

  11. #11Phil2010-11-17 06:08

    Wow, I'm impressed. MF70 it is. Thanks Arnold, for the picture. The owner would like to know it's value, assuming it's in good running condition. I'm guessing $6-7.5K, any ideas. Phil

  12. #12arnold2010-11-17 16:30

    Phil.that would fair price if good running condition,and no hyd leaks.The MF70 has 18foot reach and lots power,the only thing it is a bit heavy 18,900 lbs arnold