Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

655a no electreical power

buymyemu ยท 2010-11-15 12:30

I have a 1988 ford 655a. Tried to start it a couple days ago, good lights on dash, no solenoid engagement, no starter. Has sat for 2 months, 5 year old battery, figured dead battery, pulled it and placed on a charger. (although I turned on the lights and they did not dim when I tried to crank it...) Did not think of the neutral switch (che4ck, was not in gear, shuttle shifter was in neutral), but had problems in past with the foot switch. Battery back in, now I have no power on dash (no lights), no solenoid, nothing. Checked with volt meter, 12 volts at solenoid and starter. Possibly may have had positive and negative cables on battery switched.. What could have blown? Checked fuses under dash, they are ok. Thanks Frank

Replies1
  1. #1buymyemu2010-11-15 23:22

    update Previous owner has a 30 amp fuse in line with a positive wire from the solenoid, exposed to the weather. Looks like it kind of filmed over, took it out a couple time, placing it back in, heard a click, started right up...