Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

555E barely moves when cool.

jkflatt · 2018-04-03 07:01

2800 hr machine, just started doing this and am wondering the impending bigger problem and solution. It seems to move ok once it’s warmed up after using hydraulics for 10-15 min. Shifting forward to reverse seems ok. Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1NH575E2018-04-03 11:14

    My 575E is like that. Especially in 2nd or 3rd gear. Hasn't gotten any worse. I just run it at high idle a few seconds then go about my business. I always work mine in first but I park it in whatever gear I used to drive it back to the house. Never use 4th since it stays on my property.

  2. #2ovrszd2018-04-03 16:13

    My old A model is like that. Improves steadily for the first 15 minutes of operation. Always seems like it slips more than it should. But I am now beginning to think that's just how they are. I've hauled butt down the road a few times in wide open 4th. It's a toss up which is more ineffective, the underpowered machine in 4th or the steering!!!!