Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

555E Sight Glass

cosmaar1 · 2023-05-13 00:08

Anyone have an idea of what the thread size is for the sight glass on a 555E? Mine is really hard to see through as the inside glass is broken and I refuse to pay $45 for one from NH. I can find a cheaper one for 1/4 or 1/2 the price I just didn’t want to lose a few gallons of fluid if I didn’t have to. Thanks.

Replies9
  1. #1rumblecloud2023-05-13 08:21

    Geez, I wish I could help. I found one for 36 and change but shipping kills it. Mine is getting hard to see through as well.

  2. #2Tinkerer2023-05-13 09:34

    Sometimes sight glasses can be removed and cleaned.

  3. #3edgephoto2023-05-13 10:17

    Is it worth the effort to try and rig something to save $20?

  4. #4cosmaar12023-05-13 13:58

    I tried doing that when I had it off last time but it’s beyond fixing.

  5. #5cosmaar12023-05-13 13:59

    Do you want my real answer for this? Lol

  6. #6NH575E2023-05-13 20:00

    When I need a part I almost always search ebay with the part number. Sometimes I get lucky. Fuel Bowl Fits Ford/New Holland Models Listed Below 81871479 F1NN9162AA | eBay Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Fuel Bowl Fits Ford/New Holland Models Listed Below 81871479 F1NN9162AA at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products! www.ebay.com

  7. #7NH575E2023-05-13 20:01

    There is a complete NOS assembly for $90. GENUINE OEM CNH NEW HOLLAND FILTER ASSEMBLY 81871476 | eBay Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for GENUINE OEM CNH NEW HOLLAND FILTER ASSEMBLY 81871476 at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products! www.ebay.com

  8. #8cosmaar12023-05-13 23:36

    Sorry I should have been more specific. It’s the sight glass for the hydraulic tank, but appreciate the response as always.

  9. #9edgephoto2023-05-14 00:28

    sure. I meant sometimes the effort to save money is not worth the savings. Your time has value.