Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

My 1968 Case 580 CK backhoe loader has trouble moving forwards and backwards

gael-fr-43 ยท 2023-05-13 14:39

Hello, I am French, so excuse me if my explanations and terms used are not always correct. You can't find much on US tractors on French-speaking sites. I recently purchased a 580 CK which works well overall except it lacks power to go forward and reverse, especially uphill and for pushing with the loader . You have to accelerate hard to make it move. It uses a torque converter and I think the problem comes from the old oil which I will replace with dexron III, as well as change the filter in front of the radiator. I also saw that the problem could come from the pump tube-suction screen which would be clogged. So my questions are: Is the diagnosis correct? And how to clean this pump filter easily. Thanks for your help.

Replies0

No replies yet.