I just bought a 570 LXT Series 2 4-wheel drive. Motor starts like a dream, but the machine needs a lot of maintenance. 3pt pivots are shot and the bucket needs some rehab. No E-brake and the 4WD does not disengage. I have no Manuals at this time and need a little help with some immediate issues. I changed all of the oils except hyd at this time. Both front planetaries are leaking, left worse than right. How hard is it to remove the planetary assemblies? Will they slide off the drive shaft splines when the king pins are removed. Then what. Also, what is the part number and amount for the rear axle friction modifier. The parts guy at the Case CE dealer said he had never heard of it. Thanks in advance for your help.
I was told this is the same "tractor" as the 580L sans the backhoe. Any help would be appreciated.
Welcome to HEF Posm! The rear axle additive is 402982A2 - 1 only is req + look for another dealer......... 4wd needs power to disengage to 2wd - look at the electrics starting at switch Hubs can be a PITA....... where is the leak? Main hub seal? Axle shaft seals? To remove the steering trunnion you will need to remove the cover to remove a snap ring on the short shaft/ sun gear. The king pins can be stubborn to remove, but not always. Lots penetrating oil & hammer required. If it is leaking from the axles - they are sometimes worn at the seal area & may need replacement or repair.
Thanks for the starting spots. I put some 85-140 in the planetary as a "get-by", and it has not leaked. It is coming out of the center bell, I think around the short axle shaft. On the 4WD, someone has already monkeyed with it. The selinoid has been off and it has no continuity. The wires going to it have no power and show a dead short. Will start at the switch and work my way to a new/rebuilt selinoid. Time is on my side as I do not have to make a living with this machine. I bought it to maintain a mike long dirt road in to my house. I will adress immediate concerns and work my way to the finer points.