Hi all just wondering on the backhoe stabilizers is it common that they can’t lift the tires off the ground mine seems weak one can push up few inches and other barley anything only way to get the tires up is using the backhoe maybe there’s something bypassing the former clowns did do the seals can tell from the torched glands and monkey wrench marks my old 87 555 ford could lift up off the ground but not sure with this one
On any backhoe it should be able to lift the tires off of the ground.
One possible issue is that you have blown piston seals and the fluid is just bypassing the piston.
If the piston seals are leaking they will not hold the machine up very long. If the stabilizers do hold it up, then you may have leakage in the control valve.
They will hold up the machine but really struggle to lift it up both of them struggle is there a separate control valve for both the former owner had the glands of guess to install new seal kits maybe forgot some seals as they are clowns
Yes each side has it's own valve. I would suggest that you take on of the cylinders apart and put a new seal kit in it. If you do it yourself be careful that the piston seals are installed correctly. It wouldn't surprise me if the pistons are not bolted to the rods.
Someone did replace the seals but if they installed properly probably not I would just remove both and take to my hydraulic guy to replace the seals and test them he’s fast and reasonable had to take the 2 swing cylinders rams in couldn’t get the plungers out gave him the seal kits and 3 hours later picked them up for cost of 100 each then installed back in and everything good
I'd guess the cylinder seals too. I have a track loader with a backhoe that has trouble lifting the machine and I'm pretty sure it's the cylinder seals. One creeps down over time with the machine off and the other one leaks out the gland. I'm not losing a lot of fluid so it's not a big priority but I still want to fix them. The older 555's were better machines when Ford built them.
If I had your hydraulic guy I would never mess with a cylinder again. You are lucky to have that resource!
Ya sure am there’s actually 3 shops within a hour guess it’s big business with these machines blowing out a cylinder every 8 hours