Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

58,000 cubic feet with D-4

bobcat ron ยท 2008-03-02 14:03

For 2 1/2 days straight all I did was strip out a barn building site that measures 160 x 360 feet and averaged depth of 12" deep. Not too bad for the little Cat D4G Hystat. The boss told me I burned 320 liters of fuel in 22 hours. I still wished I had the new Deere 700J he was going to buy.

Replies17
  1. #1twistedtree2008-03-02 15:28

    Nice job Nice Job. That's a huge barn.

  2. #2bushcat2008-03-02 15:30

    looks good there ron.

  3. #3Eric2008-03-02 16:46

    Here's one for ya Ron.

  4. #4bobcat ron2008-03-02 17:34

    Gimme that combo on a Hystat any day!

  5. #5Eric2008-03-02 18:30

    I've run this dozer only once. You can't even SEE the blade or corner bits. I'm a pretty tall guy, 6' 4''. I had a miserable time trying to "feel" the ground on this little hog.

  6. #6stumpjumper832008-03-02 21:12

    looks like a 6 or 7 would have make that job alot easier, but hey, its done, and it looks great.

  7. #7Tri-Star2008-03-02 21:24

    Good lookin job on that pad Ron, lot of pushin for a small tractor!!!

  8. #8bobcat ron2008-03-02 21:29

    That was some of the worst type of soil to push, there was 10" of loamy sandy topsoil, then a 6" thick layer of greyish clay, if I put too much down pressure on the blade, the clay would get "sucked up" and there would be a pothole underneath me, you can't even feel it with the blade, it just happens so fast you can't react fast enough. I swear if I ever have to so this type of job again I am going to play around with that turn buckle on top of the blade that adjusts the forward angle of the blade, that might help in initial cutting edge penetration.

  9. #9Deas Plant2008-03-03 05:22

    Thirsty little sucker. Hi, Bobcat Ron. Nice looking job. Thanks for sharing the details and the photos. That D4G must be one thirsty little sucker. I'm flat out putting 220 litres through a Cat 943 track loader in 22 hours. Can you hear it slurpin' the juice out of the tank? LOL. (For you non-metric edumakayted, folks, an IMPERIAL gallon is 4.54 litres and a U.S. gallon is, I theenk, 0.833 of an Imperial gallon. You do the math.) (A pint's 'pay-ound-, the world 'aray-ound'? Well, our DownUnder pints are {were when we had 'em} bigger'n yours 'cos they wuz 1 1/4 pounds.)

  10. #10bobcat ron2008-03-03 08:46

    After reading that, I think I want a pint.

  11. #11N.CarolinaDozer2008-03-03 20:04

    Nice pics! Looks like a nice pad!:drinkup

  12. #12bobcat ron2008-03-03 20:30

    We are going to be renting a Cat 330C to strip off soil off a ridge for sand, that will be hauled to the site and leveled to 12" lifts and compacted to a height of 48", the 330 won't be available until after March 14.

  13. #13SouthOnBeach2008-03-03 22:11

    looks like a nice job. always amazing what little dozers can do.

  14. #14dieseldave2008-03-03 22:56

    Nice pics and a job well done. Nice to see before, during, and after pics. Hope you went ahead and had that pint :drinkup

  15. #15alco2008-03-03 23:36

    Eric, I'd hate to be stuck on that little critter doing shovel cleanup...lol. Brian

  16. #16637slayer2008-03-04 01:12

    thanx for the pics ron, looks and sounds like a dairy barn? looks like a professionaly run cut and fill, nice and tidy i hope you post some more of your project as it comes along.

  17. #17bobcat ron2008-03-04 18:55

    New dairy barn with milking parlour, All we ever do is Agriculture work with about 10% commercial and residential on the side and we also do 75% of the ditch cleaning for the city.