Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Jd 700j Lt

LDK ยท 2008-03-02 12:06

I would like to hear from any of you guys that have owned and operated or just operated the John Deere 700J and 750J series. I am impressed so far but I would like to know if that impression is going to linger? Russell

Replies7
  1. #1bobcat ron2008-03-02 13:43

    I ran a 700J LGP last fall against a Cat D6K LGP for about 2 hours, both me and the other operator (who has over 10 years on bigger dozers) said it out pushed the Cat and it was far more stable and it didn't feel as tippy compared to the Cat. It's a shame the deal on it fell through.

  2. #2LDK2008-03-02 14:11

    Bobcat Ron, I agree with you on the power. I have not run a dozer of the same size that matches up to the 700J, I just hope it proves to be reliable and durable.

  3. #3Deereman2008-03-02 17:23

    700jlt Alot of people that I know swapted their 650's and 750's in for the 700. Same engine and nearly the same stats as the 750 but just in a smaller and lighter packge. Very reliable machine. I prefer the 750 but can't go wrong with either one. I really like the 750J's hydraulic fan! Its a big inmprovement over the 750CII. Doesn't burn as much fuel and is a good bit more quiet. The good thing about the 700 you can tote it on a double axle trailer pretty easy. The guys I know had other makes traded in b/c of power, resale and said they were getting better life out of their undercarriage. The D6k is getting there, Just needs some tweeks:thumbsup

  4. #4Construct'O2008-03-03 16:22

    I like where the final drives are to the outside of the machine on the 750 compared to the internal final drives of the 700 machine. Looks to be easier to work on if the need be.:usa

  5. #5MN Dirt Tech2008-03-03 22:13

    The company I work for just purchased a 700J LGP last fall. We have put about 400 hours on it since. It has filled a nice gap between our 550J and D6H. It has been a great runner so far. We demoed a D6N LGP, but we liked the hydrostatic transmission in the Deere for the nice precision feel when grading around curbs, etc. Overall our experience with the two Deere dozers has been really good. We have owned the 550J for about two and a half years and it has been one of our most reliable machines.

  6. #6Countryboy2008-03-03 22:27

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums MN Dirt Tech! :drinkup

  7. #7Geno7952008-03-06 19:39

    You can't go wrong on the small Deere dozers. No reliability issues to speak of. They have more market share than anybody and better reliability. Just my $.02. Geno