I need to start replacing my hoses (for the second time). I see hydraulic hoses in catalogs like Agri-Supply fairly cheap. The last set I got locally cost me $100 per hose. I was wondering how to tell the size of the hose from the outside of the hose or by the size of the fitting? I will begin with the piston that lifts the front bucket. It is a single piston that has three hoses to it. Any help would be appreciated.
Would be difficult to tell hose size by outside diameter of hose or by size of fittings as a single fitting size will be used for 2 or 3 different hose sizes. Most hoses have the spec either printed or molded on outside of hose. If the hose your working with has that info eroded away, look at similar size hoses on the machine for the spec info. You might want to check out this website as well: http://www.discounthydraulichose.com/