I’m going through my backhoe and decided I should get the brakes working. The master and slave cylinders are all shot. What should I look for on the brakes themselves once I take the covers off? I’m assuming they are wet brakes but I don’t have a service manual and haven’t been able to find much info on the super d brakes as they are different than the non turbo models. Thanks in advance for any info or tips
You REALLY NEED the service manual. Asking for help is one thing but, asking the members here to take you through the entire procedure is another. The brakes are the same on all the 580d series machines. The turbo charged engine is not relevant to the brakes. I hope you are an eBay member, or a friend is because the service manual is super affordable to purchase in .pdf format on a cd. Here ---> https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...80+580D+580SD+TRACTOR+SERVICE+MANUAl&_sacat=0
Not really asking anyone to take me through a process.. more just things to look out for when I inspect them. Going from part diagrams, they are separated between turbo and non turbo with totally different brake set ups. I appreciate the link for the service manual though
My bad ! They are different. Sorry for the bad info. Basic things to look for after disassembly. Worn disks and actuators, leaking seals, worn pins and linkage parts to name a few.
580D brakes are dry...... well, supposed to be If there is any movement in the side/carrier gears this should be addressed, as this will greatly help the oil seals to do their job.
I opened it up. Everything was surprisingly clean and dry. New master and slave cylinders coming as well as the cd manual. should have brakes on the old girl by the end of next week
super d are disc only brakes dont have bands and two piece drums that the regular d has be careful what parts you order as well as what parts book